The Accredited Employer Work Visa
The Accredited Employer Work Visa is a route to residency for eligible candidates. The key? Securing a job at an approved employer.
What is the Accredited Employer Work Visa?
The Accredited Employer Work Visa is officially known as the Talent (Accredit Employers) Work Visa. It’s a route to residency and valid for up to 30 months. You’ll be eligible to apply for residence after working in New Zealand for an accredited employer for two years.
What does ‘accredited employer’ mean?
An ‘accredited employer’ is a New Zealand employer who:
- Needs skilled or talented workers from overseas; and
- Has been pre-approved by Immigration New Zealand to hire foreigners.
It’s a win-win situation
Once accredited, the employer doesn’t have to provide supporting information for each and every visa application. This simplifies the process of employing a foreigner significantly.
You also benefit, because the employer actively seeks migrants. Not only that, the employer also understands the intricacies and timelines of immigration. You’ll have much less convincing to do.
Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa requirements
The first step to working for an accredited employer is having the skills and qualifications the company needs. Then, of course, you’ll have to meet the requirements for this visa, as set out by Immigration New Zealand.
The main requirements are that you:
- Must be under the age of 55.
- Have a job offer from an accredited employer, which has to be for:
- Full-time work; and
- More than 2 years; and
- You must earn at least NZD55,000 a year (before tax).
- Work in the specific occupation and for the specific accredited employer detailed in the job offer that was the basis of your work visa application.
- Must have full provisional registration, if it’s needed to work in your occupation in New Zealand.
Is there an accredited employers list?
Yes, there is an accredited employers list for New Zealand. It can be found on Immigration New Zealand’s website. You can either search by industry sector or simply scroll through the list to find an employer.
Need advice on the Accredit Employer Work Visa?
If you’d like us to advise on you on the Accredited Employer Work Visa, you’re welcome to email us or call us on +27 (0) 21 202 8200. Our advisers can also tell you more about the emigration process and how we can help you with any visa applications.