Free online New Zealand assessment for the Skilled Migrant Visa
Do you really want a free online New Zealand assessment? You're going to make one of the biggest decisions of your life - to immigrate or not. Saving money is great but in this case it may cost you more than you save. Want to know more? Then keep reading for the truth about free online assessments.
Seeking advice on your New Zealand visa options?
The impact of Google
Ever had a heated discussion about a topic and then someone whips out their cell phone and says the immortal words “let me Google it”?
What you must ask yourself is - is Google is always right?
Depending on what site you read, global warming is either a sham or the biggest threat to human survival.
The founder of Wikipedia himself can be quoted as saying:
“We do not expect you to trust us". It adds that it is “not a primary source”. It also states “because some articles may contain errors,” you should “not use Wikipedia to make critical decisions.”
So what is a free online New Zealand assessment?
- More often than not it is a series of questions with 'yes' or 'no' answers. The problem with this is that the world, and emigration, is often not black and white - but grey instead.
- Few online assessments have detailed descriptions guiding you to answer the questions correctly and therefore do not cover the more intricate parts of the immigration act.
- Often an online assessment is simply a marketing tool to lure you into a proper assessment. A proper assessment which is then charged for.
- In short, an online assessment is nothing more than a computer program, with an algorithm. It calculates your chances of qualifying from a written code. Emigration cannot simply be written in a code, otherwise programmers would be granted the status of licensed immigration agents.
A mistake at this early stage could see you waste large sums of money and achieve little.
Do free online assessments work?
The vast majority of applicants we have assessed, unfortunately, have received a different outcome than from their free online New Zealand assessment. It's not just our experience, let us quote from http://www.compassimmigration.com/faq
"The free online New Zealand assessment only gives you an indication as to your available points to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). The problem is that over half of applicants get this first step wrong, most overestimate the points they have and some under estimate. Either way this will put your EOI application at risk. Save the risk and use our comprehensive Eligibility Assessment Questionnaire."
Computer programmes don't ask questions. The information you submit is accepted at face value. As above if this information is wrong, you will be basing your emigration on the incorrect answers. Costing you a considerable amount of money as well time. Let's take a skills assessment or NZQA – you enter a degree and years of experience and it gives you points but did it:
- Ask you to upload your CV and therefore validate the years of experience you are claiming?
- Advise you on the correct ANZSCO code? This is a common error.
- Look to see if your diploma or degree is recognized? Did it only allow you to score points for one qualification?
- Tell you the least amount of points you may be given or the highest?
- Recommend a process that helps mitigate any prospective financial loss to you?
- Confirm it is updated every time there is a change in the skilled shortage lists?
- Leave no stone unturned in its efforts to qualify you?
Eager to discuss your eligibility with an advisor?
Here's how Intergate Emigration can help you...
Intergate Emigration has three advisors who assist our clients with emigration to New Zealand and Australia.
Our service include:
- Formal eligibility assessments: Our licensed advisors will assess you to see if you can emigrate to New Zealand and to find out what visa options are open to you.
- Personalised emigration plans: We'll base the way forward on the outcome of your eligibility assessment.
- Assistance at every step of your visa application: Our team will advise you what's required for your visa application and work with you to gather all documents and complete all processes so that we can submit a complete application.
Why do you need to get a formal assessment done?
We're often asked by clients why a formal assessment is necessary. After all, many of you would have completed a free online New Zealand assessment and received your points score.
Here's the reason - if you're serious about immigrating to New Zealand, a formal assessment is the best thing you can do for yourself. You'll ensure that you do qualify for a visa and that you don't spend any money or time on a visa route that's not possible to pursue. The formal assessment will also highlight any obstacles early, giving you and your licensed immigration advisor enough time to work on solutions together.
Let us state for the record:
We are in no way saying don't use Google, don't research the web and don't join Facebook groups – but what we are saying is, treat those resources with a degree of cynicism.
Why do we charge for our formal assessments?
We could use the old adage 'there is no such thing as a free lunch', and of course it is true. But our migration agents are highly trained professionals. They have undergone university studies in order to qualify to give you advice. They continue to hone their skills with ongoing continuous professional development.
And, as with the vast majority of us, our migration agents do not work for free. We could also say you get what you pay for. We charge for our formal assessment because we want:
- To ensure we give your migration the individual attention it deserves.
- To allocate it the time it deserves. We're not going to spend just a few minutes on it, and then expect you to base a life changing decision on the results.
- You to enter into a migration progress where you have had all the risks to explained to you.
- To maximise your chances of emigration with every option considered.
We believe your migration journey needs to commence with a strong foundation. A foundation based on a licensed immigration agent's advice following a comprehensive assessment. We also ask you to remember our service charges for full applications are among the most competitive in the industry. So your assessment is just one small part of the costs you will pay a migration agent.
A free online New Zealand assessment may well end up costing you considerably more in the long run.