What is a licensed immigration advisor for New Zealand?
A licensed immigration advisor for New Zealand is a professional who is there to help you with your immigration. They operate in a regulated environment meaning you get qualified advice and expert guidance with the backing of the Immigration Advisors Authority.
Not just anyone can call themselves a licensed advisor though and below we guide you through what an advisor is.
Moving to a new country is never easy. In fact it can be one of the most stressful times of your entire life.
One of the best ways to lighten the burden and to get some much needed support, is to make use of a fully licensed immigration advisor for New Zealand.
Therefore knowing the difference between someone who is licensed as opposed to someone who isn’t will prove extremely valuable.
How do you find a Licensed Immigration Advisor for New Zealand ?
The easiest way to find a licensed immigration advisor for New Zealand is to visit the official IAA website.
The role of a Licensed Immigration Advisor
According to the law, anybody who provides advice with regard to immigration to New Zealand is required to be licensed by the Immigration Advisor’s Authority, unless they are exempt. No other person or company may provide you with advice concerning New Zealand immigration and visa applications.
Not all Licensed Immigration Advisor’s are the same
There are three types of licensed immigration advisors:
- Fully Licensed Immigration Advisor: Provides you with information pertaining to a vast range of immigration matters. They have the knowledge and expertise to deal with all immigration related matters.
- Provisionally Licensed Immigration Advisor: Provides you with information about all immigration related matters, however the fundamental difference is that they need to be fully supervised by a full license holder.
- Limited Licensed Immigration Advisor: Only able to provide you with advice on specific and limited immigration matters.
Code of Conduct of a Licensed Immigration Advisor
A Licensed Immigration Advisor also has to meet very high competency standards and they follow a highly professional code of conduct.
This code of conduct require advisor’s to:
- Be professional, honest and respectful at all times.
- To provide clients with updates on an ongoing basis.
- To only charge fees which are reasonable and fair.
What is the scope of a Licensed Immigration Advisor For New Zealand?
Some of the many things a New Zealand immigration advisor can help you with:
- Assist and prepare your visa application.
- Assist you with settling into New Zealand.
- Assess the process with regard to if you are able to appeal a visa which was declined.
- Have the competency to assess if you are in New Zealand unlawfully.
- Help you to explore the broad range of visa options.
- Assist you in choosing the best via option for you.
Company versus individual licensing
It is important for us to stress that a person is licensed and not a company. Therefore a company is not able to market themselves as being ‘licensed’ for New Zealand immigration. They are only allowed to market the person who is licensed.
Be sure of your Licensed Immigration Advisor
Any person who provides you with New Zealand immigration advice that is not licensed or exempt is committing an offense under the immigration act.
If you were to use such a person your application will be turned down.
Unlicensed ‘sales people’ are not qualified to provide you with advice. They may also end up costing you money and your chances of emigrating.
Therefore always check that your ‘advisor’ is indeed a Licensed Immigration Advisor for New Zealand.
Does Intergate Immigration have a fully licensed immigration advisor?
Intergate Emigration has two licensed immigration advisors:
Booking a New Zealand assessment or finding out more:
To find out more about our services, call us on +27 (0) 21 202 8200. Alternatively, book a consultation call to start your immigration.