The truth About Online Assessments For New Zealand
One of the most common questions that we get asked is: Why do I need to get a formal assessment with you? With all the free online assessments for New Zealand, why bother paying for one?
Today we would like to share with you the truth about free online assessments for New Zealand and our reasons why they are not the answer.
Where do people find online assessments for New Zealand?
The truth is that the majority of people who make use of online assessments find them from Google.
Let us state for the record:
We are in no way saying don’t use Google, don’t research the web and don’t join Facebook groups – but what we are saying is, treat it with a degree of cynicism.
The impact of Google
Ever had a heated discussion about a topic and someone whips out their cell phone and says the immortal words “let me Google it”.
What you must ask yourself is whether Google is always right? Depending on what site you read global warming is either a sham or the biggest threat to human survival.
What is an online assessment?
- More often than not a series of questions with yes or no answers- sadly the world is often not black and white – but gray.
- Few have detailed descriptions guiding you to answer the questions correctly and containing the more intricate parts of the immigration act.
- Often it is simply a marketing tool to lure you into a proper assessment, which is charged for – based on the premise we all find it hard to turn down something for free.
In short it is nothing more than a computer program, with an algorithm, that calculates your chances of qualifying from a written code. Emigration cannot be written in a code otherwise programmers would be granted the status of licensed agents.
Do online assessments for New Zealand work?
- The vast majority of applicants we have assessed, after they have done an online assessment for New Zealand, have unfortunately, received a different outcome.
- Computer programs don’t ask questions, the information you submit is accepted at face value. As above if this is wrong you will be basing your emigration on the incorrect answers thus costing you considerable money and time.
- Let’s take a skills assessment or NZQA , you enter a degree and years of experience and it gives you points:
- Did you upload your CV? , did the computer read it and validate the years of experience you are claiming?
- Did it advise you on the correct ANZSCO code – this is a common error.
- Did it look to see if your diploma or degree is recognised? Did it only allow you to score points for one qualification?
- Did it tell you the least amount of points you may be given or the highest?
- Did it recommend a process that helps mitigate financial loss to you?
- Is it updated every time there is a change in the skilled shortage lists?
- Did it leave no stone unturned in its efforts to qualify you?
Why we assess and why we charge?
We could use the old adage ‘there is no such thing as a free lunch’, and of course it is true. Our migration agents are highly trained professionals, they have undergone university studies in order to qualify to give you advice, and they continue to hone their skills with ongoing continuous professional development.
As with the vast majority of all us, they do not work for free. We could also say you get what you pay for.
- We charge because we want to ensure we give your migration the individual attention it deserves.
- We don’t want to spend a few minutes on it and then expect you to base a life changing decision on the results.
- We don’t want you to enter into a migration progress where you have not had all the risks to explained to you.
- We don’t want you to miss out on the chance to emigrate because every stone has not been left unturned.
We keep our assessment cost to a minimum (R1710) and further, if you proceed with a full application, we discount this cost by the R1710. We believe your migration journey needs to commence with a strong foundation, based on a licensed immigration agents written report and full attention to detail.
We also ask you to remember our service charges for full applications are amongst the most competitive in the industry, so your assessment is just one small part of the costs you will pay a migration agent.
Find if you qualify for to immigrate to New Zealand
Book a consultation call to find out if you meet the requirements to move to New Zealand.
You’ll also discover how the application process works and what the costs and timelines are.
Our licensed advisors are registered with the Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) of New Zealand, so you can rest assured that you’re getting advice you can trust.