Immigration New Zealand has announced that the Government is adding 32 new health sector roles to the Green List.
Additionally, all health roles on the Green List will move to the Straight to Residence pathway of the Accredited Employer Work Visa.
Eligible health professionals can apply for work visas from 29 May 2023.
The roles are across the healthcare system
The occupations New Zealand are adding to the Green List are across the healthcare system.
Immigration New Zealand has also indicated these roles are critical to the delivery of health services in New Zealand.
These are the roles:
- Addiction Practitioner/Alcohol & Drug Clinician
- Clinical Dental Technician
- Clinical Physiologists (Sleep, Renal, Exercise, Respiratory, Neurology, and Cardiac)
- Dental Specialists
- Dental Technician
- Dental Therapist
- Dispensing Optician
- Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- Enrolled Nurse
- Genetic Counsellor
- Medical Laboratory Pre-Analytical Technician
- Medical Resonance Imaging Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Nurse Practitioner
- Oral Health Therapist
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Technician
- Paramedic/Emergency Medical Technician
- Perfusionist (Cardiac)
- Play Therapist (Hospital)
- Social Worker
- Speech-Language Therapist
- Sterile Processing Technician
Roles on the Work to Residence pathway moving to the Straight to Residence pathway
Eight existing healthcare roles on the Green List are moving to the Straight to Residence pathway:
- Anaesthetic Technician
- Medical Imaging Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Radiation Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
This move means that professionals working in these eight occupations don’t need two years of relevant work experience in New Zealand before being able to apply for residence.
They must, however, still meet these requirements:
- Working for an accredited employer or having a job offer from one
- Meeting the criteria set out on the Green List for their occupation
- Having a full-time job (at least 30 hours a week), genuine and permanent or at least a 12-month fixed-term contract. Independent contractors are also eligible under certain circumstances.
Existing roles on the Straight to Residence pathway
The Green List’s Straight to Residence pathway already includes eight occupations. These roles are as follows:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Practitioners
- Physicist (Medical)
- Registered Nurses
Applications for the new health roles open at the end of May
Immigration New Zealand announced that applications for the 32 new occupations on the Green List open on 29 May 2023.
You don’t have to wait until then to get the ball rolling, though. You can start today by determining if you meet all the requirements to apply for a work visa. Simply book your consultation call with our licensed advisor on our website.
The sooner you start, the quicker you can submit your application once applications open.